Swimming Into a New Season

+Senior+Lucas+Burgard+in+action+last+season.+Photo+courtesy+of+Hearst+Connecticut+Media.%0A

Senior Lucas Burgard in action last season. Photo courtesy of Hearst Connecticut Media.

Ben Cogan

Staff Writer

Excitement is around the corner for the Milford boys swim team to start their new season. The team is set for a change this year with the new head coach from Jonathan Law, Connor Lui. The team is a combination of students from both Jonathan Law and Foran and they are looking to improve on their best times from last season in which they had a lot of positives.

The team has a returning set of athletes that have high hopes for this season and have prepared throughout the off-season. Foran junior swim athlete, Ryan Bailey, says, “I feel ready for the new season and I have focused on working out more to prepare myself for the season.” Ryan has participated in boys swimming since his freshman year and has won many races while giving 100% effort into each season. Foran junior, Ryan Morton, also has high hopes for this new season and says,“ I am excited for the new swim season to start and to get back into the water.”

The new season does not kick off until December 5. This will be an interesting season for the team due to management changes and a new wave of freshmen ready to fight for their place. 

Coach Lui is honored and excited to be the new head coach. He looks to “continue to provide a positive learning environment where the student-athletes can thrive and reach their goals.” Coach Lui was part of the swim team coaching staff last year when Coach Asli Kizavul leads the charge. Coach Lui has his eyes set on improvement this year.

“Coach Kizavul did an excellent job with the program and I am looking to advance it this season,” he says, “As a team, we made great progress last year and were competitive with many schools in our division.”

This season is shaping up to be a whirlwind of fun with both coaches and athletes looking forward to some great races and fun along the way.